The Verona Agrifood Innovation Hub is an initiative based in Verona (Italy), dedicated to fostering innovation and collaboration in the agricultural and food sectors. Innovation hubs like these are typically designed to bring together various stakeholders, including researchers, entrepreneurs, startups, industry experts, and other key players in the agrifood ecosystem.
The specific goals and activities of the Verona Agrifood Innovation Hub may include:
- Research and Development: Supporting and promoting research initiatives in agriculture and food technology.
- Startup Incubation: Providing a platform for agrifood startups to develop and grow by offering resources, mentorship, and networking opportunities.
- Collaboration and Networking: Facilitating collaboration and networking among different players in the agrifood industry, including academia, businesses, and governmental bodies.
- Education and Training: Offering educational programs, workshops, and training sessions to enhance knowledge and skills in agrifood innovation.
- Showcasing Innovation: Providing a space to showcase and demonstrate innovative solutions and technologies in the agrifood sector.
On November 27th 2023, Prof. Nicola Frison from University of Verona, had the honor of being a speaker at the significant seminar on the topic of Circular Bioeconomy, in which he also mentioned the ELLIPSE project.